Saturday, July 7, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 117

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
My people decided we should go to the waterpark this morning. It was already so hot at 10:00, that it was practically unbearable. The water felt like bath water. It was just gross.

I don’t do well in the heat and wanted to bolt as soon as we got there. Instead, I sucked it up and took one for the team by being uncomfortable. My daughter started to whine after an hour saying, “I just can’t do this! This is not a good day!” I’ve never been more pleased to see her have a breakdown… it was the first time that it was useful. (Don’t worry. We have a season pass, so it wasn’t a waste of money.)

We left and headed to Sam’s Club to grab groceries and a pizza. As several of you know, we have practically lived at Sam’s since my son was an infant, but I haven’t been in weeks. Adam and the kids have been going without me. For whatever reason, I felt compelled to go today.

As I was heading to check out I saw strapless bras on an endcap. 2 for $20. And after some digging, I found the last set in my size. In the 5+ years we have been going, I have NEVER seen them carry strapless bras. In that glorious moment, I went from having to go to the fabric store to buy ribbon to make straps for my dress AND having to make the straps or spending $60 on a strapless bra… to spending $20 and eliminating extra work. Thank you Jesus for sending me to Sam’s!

God blesses me every day and He blesses me when I chose to be uncomfortable in order to glorify Him. And I am thankful for each blessing. BUT I am always particularly excited when He shows up in the simple and tangible ways.

How has God blessed you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment