Friday, July 13, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 123

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
We went to the waterpark today. Someone I don’t know started talking to me. This is normally uncomfortable for me, but it’s especially awkward when I’ve got the grumpies. Apparently the Sepia had started working and I was able to manage talking to her. She was really nice. I’m glad she approached me.

My daughter thought it would be fun to watch Mommy go down one of the big slides. I haven’t been on a slide in years. I was on the swim team in high school, so the water isn’t the problem. My fear of heights has gotten increasingly worse through the years. The last time I climbed the stairs to go down a slide, I got dizzy, nearly passed out and was told by the lifeguard to walk down the stairs – awesome. 

Today I went down the medium slide that is on top of a hill. I was a little nervous, but had fun. And my kids thought I was so cool! Maybe I can work up the courage to climb the stairs before the summer is over…

Since my daughter asked me to go on a slide, I asked her to go under the mushroom waterfall. She agreed as long as I went with… I took off my glasses and off we went. She thought it was so much fun that I had a hard time getting her away from it.

Not bad for a day with the grumpies!

What fear do you need to face today?



No comments:

Post a Comment