Monday, July 9, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 119

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I have been a mess lately. I’ve been eating emotionally and excessively. I’ve gained a couple of pounds. I’m grumpy. I’m depressed… not clinically, just annoyingly. And our schedules are just off. 

Last night I binged on granola. Then I had explosive diarrhea. Too much info, but there’s a point. It was like my body was saying, “Enough already! Get over yourself and get back on track!” So I decided today was going to be the day that I do exactly that.

After getting ready and eating breakfast, my kids and I worked out, spent 30 minutes at the library, and picked up our passes for the rides at the state fair. I was ahead of schedule, so we stopped by The Medicine Shoppe where I talked to Dave. He decided I should switch my hormone therapy a bit… why I didn’t talk to him sooner is beyond me. We had a quick lunch at home then headed to the chiropractor. Afterwards, I had allergy shots. We came home and read some books. The kids are napping and I am writing to you. PHEW!

As I’m typing, I’m fantasizing about the granola… and we have cashews… did I mention the peanut butter cups? But I WILL NOT give in! I feel better when I’m eating better. And trust me, my people are ready for Mommy to be feeling better.

This morning was crazy and I definitely had some uncomfortable encounters, but it feels so good to have been productive. And within 3 to 4 days, I’ll know if we’ve figured out the hormone situation or if I need to re-test. It feels like I’m swimming back up to the surface again instead of sinking.

Is today the day you need to get back on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment