Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 133

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
This summer has been filled with A LOT of stressful stuff. Most of it good, stressful stuff, but some of it has been not so good. Slowly but surely, as the stressors have continued to increase, my ability to function has decreased. My hormones have gotten out of whack, I have been struggling with bouts of depression and I have been just trying to survive.

My last scheduled stressor was on Sunday. I decided that once Monday came, I was going to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get over it. Enough is enough! And that’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do.

I’m eating like a healthy person again. I’m up and functioning. I’m exercising as often as possible. But most importantly, I am determined to enjoy my kids every day until school starts. They made adventure lists lasts night. We are going to have an adventure of some sort every day for the rest of the summer. We started today by going to the local children’s museum and coming home and making homemade fudgsicles. Awesome!

Battling depression and anxiety is an ongoing process requiring various tools and aids. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my pity party that I forget that the first step to getting back on track is simply deciding to do something about it. So that’s my uncomfortable for the beginning of this week… I’m deciding not to wallow any more, but to start over and get back on track. There’s nothing like telling your kids that you are going to do something to help keep you accountable.

What first step do you need to take today?

No comments:

Post a Comment