Thursday, September 6, 2012

Every Child Should Own A Book: Update

After I wrote my previous post about wanting to help provide books for children, I decided to forward the link to the Connections Pastor, Beth, at my church. Since our church is super-involved in meeting the needs of our local kids and several members of the congregation mentor kids in the public schools, I thought parents might like the idea of replacing school party favors with books. Beth put the link in the weekly church email. And I thought that would be that.

Last night, Beth told me she had this amazing stack of books in her office and wanted to know what to do with them. For real?!?!? I was NOT expecting that at all! How cool is God? And how cool are these people?

We are having our garage sale this weekend. The kids are selling pumpkin muffins and cookies. All of the money from the bake sale is going to be used to buy more books.

So now I'm thinking... What if we could buy enough books so every kid in his school got one before the end of the school year? How amazing would that be?


Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

No comments:

Post a Comment