Monday, September 10, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 181

Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I opened the garage sale on Saturday in spite of my hysterical early morning fits. The pumpkin spice latte helped, but my heart wasn't in it. By 9:30, I was planning to shut down.

Some friends showed up to buy some "muffins for Jesus." They listened to my story about the mean women from the day before. It was therapeutic, but I still wanted to be done.

I thought I would give it a few more minutes and started planning who I would donate our stuff to.

I had the perfect little girl in mind for my daughter's clothes. Guess who happened upon our sale? I cried... literally. I let her and her friend take whatever they wanted. And I have a box filled with more clothes in her size waiting to be delivered.

My 20-year-old niece stopped by for muffins. She ended up staying and talking for hours. It was amazing! I love her to pieces and don't get to see her nearly enough. What a blessing!

Then I had another friend who has a little boy come over and shop for free. In spite of her hesitation, I loaded her up with kids' clothes, toys galore, a double stroller and clothes for her. It was awesome!!! It was like I was releasing a burden and like she had won the lottery. So.much.fun!

One of our loyal garage sale customers came back after I closed for more muffins - I think she might have eaten them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She's so sweet and the muffins are really that good ;) I was able to give her all of our leftover antiques and odds & ends for her to sell at her flea markets.

I'm probably forgetting something, but the point is that all of these amazing things would NOT have happened if I had quit and not opened. I'm so glad I trusted God.

Oh and we sold $200 worth of muffins and cookies. That means 200 books for the school kids! 

So when you are feeling overwhelmed, be encouraged! Don't give up. You never know what amazing things will happen if you just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment