Sunday, May 19, 2013

Life’s Lemonade Lessons



Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom


I am on day 14 of my second battle with viral spinal meningitis. Yeah, you read it correctly. Meningitis almost killed me 15 years ago and here we are again. Fortunately, this is some other random virus which is NOT deadly. Unfortunately, I’m having a MUCH harder time battling this one. I’ll be alright, but man, this thing is doing a number on me.

Last week, I spent 5 days quarantined in the hospital. I don’t remember most of it because I was in pretty bad shape. I mean there is at least one person who visited me that I barely remember seeing.

When I was awake and with it, I wasn’t doing a whole bunch. The TV was mounted near the ceiling, making it painful to watch because of my head and neck pain. So I spent a lot of time thinking. And observing. And praying. And reflecting.

For whatever reason, I haven’t spent a whole lot of time feeling sorry for myself. Trust me, I’ve had my moments, but I’ve just been so overwhelmed by the blessings I’m experiencing that there’s just not much room to wallow.
You know the saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade?” Through this, I feel like I’ve learned a few of Life’s Lemonade Lessons that are worth sharing. So expect some posts containing my thoughts.

I will leave you with the general theme of my Lemonade Lessons: Every situation you are in whether they are good, bad or ugly are opportunities for God to grow you into the person He wants you to be. And I think most of us would agree that if He wants you to learn something, He will keep giving you opportunities to learn it. So to make life easier, do your best to learn the lesson the first time. (And NEVER pray for patience. Trust me, He can come up with endless opportunities for you to get it.)

I hope you are enjoying today’s blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment