Thursday, October 4, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 205

Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: 
I was DREADING volunteering in my son's class today. Why? Because it's Thursday and that means it's Miss Heather's day to return books to the library. Ugh!

Unfortunately, there is some drama surrounding the kindergartners and the library at our school. The librarian is only at our school on Thursdays. And she doesn't have time to have library time with all of the kids, so the kindergarten teachers have to do it themselves. They even have to check in and re-shelve the books themselves. It is what it is.

The problem for me and the reason for the dread is that the librarian wants me to check in the books when the other classes aren't in the library. Well, I'm not available when the other classes aren't there. So I was nervous about how I would be received this morning. The last thing I need is to be a part of drama at my son's school.

I took some Anxiety Drops and headed for the library. I'm so thankful to report that everyone was happy to see me and there was no drama. Woohoo!!

What are you worrying about that hasn't even happened yet?

On another note... My kindergarten kids had a sub for an hour while I was there today. This woman might have been the meanest teacher I've ever met. If you don't like little people, you probably shouldn't sub in kindergarten. She was even kind of snotty to me. But whatever. 

Even if you don't have kids in school, please pray for the teachers and kids at your local schools. I had no idea just how much goes on in a classroom that requires prayer coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment