Monday, October 1, 2012

Why I LOVE Being Uncomfortable


Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook:

I know it sounds nutty, but I’ve really learned to love being uncomfortable. OK maybe not the actual “being uncomfortable” part, but I truly love the process of allowing myself to be uncomfortable each day. Here’s why:

  1. It allows God to work on my character flaws and mold me into the person He created me to be.
  2. It forces me to trust God in everything.
  3. It makes me relinquish control and allows God to show up.

Iam in the middle of an overly uncomfortable day. At noon I’m already blown away at how God is showing up. My daughter’s warts were treated with medication – they RARELY cut warts anymore. Someone cancelled their appointment with my chiropractor’s partner at 2:00. Their office called and gave the appointment to me. That means Adam doesn’t have to come home to watch my daughter and pick my son up from school while I wait as a walk-in. It also means I don’t have to wait until Wednesday to get some relief from my mess of a neck. And the chances of me getting a migraine have dropped exponentially.

I still have to call and order food that I’m going to pick up for dinner (one of my least favorite things to do). But with the way the morning has gone, I’m guessing that will be alright too.  

Doing Something Uncomfortable every day is, well, uncomfortable. But the benefits outweigh the discomfort. 

Have you decided to become uncomfortable? Have you joined the Something Uncomfortable movement?

No comments:

Post a Comment