Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 148

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I’m totally the mom that runs to her kids when they get hurt. I don’t think I’m obnoxious about it, but I definitely don’t let them work it out on their own very well.

At the park today, both of my kids hurt themselves a couple of times. I realized that they will both be in school in just a few short days. They are going to have to deal with falling without Mommy being there to pick them up. Sniff, sniff. So I let them deal with their owies on their own. Both recovered quickly and moved on.

After showers, my son noticed his knees. They have a fair bit of road rash on them. I think we were both a little shocked since he didn’t cry and I didn’t rescue. It was definitely a win for us both and a much needed confidence builder.

What have you done recently that has shocked you?

No comments:

Post a Comment