Thursday, August 2, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 142

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
It’s a laugh out loud or go home crying kind of day…

I had my teeth cleaned this morning. I don’t mind having it done. What I don’t care for is having x-rays taken. Why? Because I have torus palatinus. Huh? They are bony protrusions in your palate. To spare you the horror of Goggling it (some of the pictures are pretty gross), here is a palatable picture of mine:

Clearly, I need lip gloss or something...
Come on, I have to crack jokes… did you see the picture I just posted on the internet of my mouth?

Anyway, putting the dental x-ray things in my mouth is extremely painful. And we had to do a full mouth set. Some had to be repeated. I’m guessing there were between 20 and 25 films done. There was bleeding involved. Whatever.

After paying excessively for the slow and painful torture, my family headed to the water park. Where I was bitten by a wasp… twice.

Again, it’s a laugh out loud or go home crying kind of day. Instead of crying, I’m pressing on and being productive. Seriously, who gets bitten twice by the same wasp? A girl with those weird bony things in her face… that’s who. I’d forgotten how much those little buggers hurt!

So, are you crying or are you choosing to laugh today?

No comments:

Post a Comment