Monday, August 13, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 153

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
We went to Conservation World at the State Fair today. The kids got to go on a scavenger hunt throughout CW. After they completed the hunt, they received a bag full of Smokey the Bear goodies. Fun, right? Except for the part about letting my five-year-old shoot a bb gun. Yes, there was an instructor who closely supervised the whole thing. But still.
I’m sure it’s shocking to think that allowing my child to touch a gun would make me uncomfortable. Let me assure you, it most certainly did. But I let him anyway. After all, I had to have something to write about…
Look what this child did:

It was his first time touching a gun, much less firing one. Do you see the dead-on bullseye? And the nice cluster of shots? For the record he only took five shots. Who is this kid?
I was so proud… of both of us! The really funny thing was that he took forever to take each shot. I was totally getting impatient. Then I saw the target. I guess we all know why he was taking so long.
Have you taken a leap of faith lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment