Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 147

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook.
It turns out that a kid from my son’s Summer Fun class will be going to the same school as my son. AND his mom is a friend of one of my good friends. She was kind enough to arrange a playdate this for all of us this morning. Yay! And Vomit! New people…aaaaahhhhhh!

We had a great time playing mini golf and then decided to have lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. Awesome, except that they serve fancy food like soup and quiche. My kids would rather starve than eat such things. I panicked for a moment and then decided that they could eat some of the chicken from my super-fabulous salad and then they could just have dessert. Then for snacks throughout the day they could have “lunch.” So they ate their chocolate croissant and chocolate mousse and had the time of their lives. Before naps they ate some string cheese and are excited about having strawberries for snack after nap. Look at me going with the flow!

By the end of it all the boys seemed a little more comfortable with each other. We have no idea if they will be in the same class together, but at least they will have a familiar face at lunch and recess.

How have you been uncomfortable today?

Just a little bonus…

There is a large gap between my kids’ unbunked bunk beds and the wall. It’s large enough for them to lose a leg in there during the night. We have tried a variety of fillers and finally came up with this: 2 pool noodles. They work perfectly! I hope this helps someone. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment