Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 29

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

We were supposed to be at zoo school this morning at 10:00. At 9:30, I told the kids to head to the potty. At 9:40, my 3-year-old daughter was in full-blown labor and crying hysterically. This was not our first incident with a man-sized poop trying to make its way out of my poor baby girl. This was, however, the first time it happened when we were heading out the door. I think we were all hoping for an anesthesiologist to show up with an epidural for her, but somehow she manged to deliver that thing naturally... at 9:55.

We were 20 minutes away from the zoo and not in the car. UGH! Is there anything more embarrassing than walking into a classroom or meeting late? I wanted to head home and count our losses, but the kids really wanted to learn about wallabies. So we went... late... I was mortified... but no one else seemed to care. Hmmm! Interesting.

Bottom line (no pun intended... OK, maybe it was intended): Once again, I almost missed out on an exciting adventure because I was too concerned about what people would think of me. Why do I think people care?

3 comments:

  1. I have asked that question for years! I mean, there are people in the world I don't particularly care for, so why should I expect them to like me? Tough one. Anyhow, you're posts are really inspiring for me. Real Estate school is tough, lots of new information in a short amount of time. The whole thing is COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone and I am freaked out on a daily basis! But, I read your blog and feel inspired, and it doesn't seem so bad. Thanks Heather! -Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, Laura! I'm proud of you for being uncomfortable in order to pursue a dream... so hard, but so worth it! I'm praying that school goes well and that you are less uncomfortable each day.

      Delete
  2. You should have told them why you were late...

    ReplyDelete