Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 22

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
This whole self-imposed Something Uncomfortable challenge is actually working! I am definitely experiencing less anxiety. Instead, I having more moments where I realize I should be having anxiety. So.very.cool!

Today, I tried to make concrete plans - cuz that's what I do - but I had to be flexible. The result: we basically had 2 back-to-back playdates at a local park. So fun!

After lunch, my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I had a VERY brief discussion with myself about whether or not I should answer it. (Normally this discussion would take forever resulting in me missing the opportunity to answer if I wanted to.) I went for it. It turned out to be an old friend whom I have not spoken to in quite sometime. What a blessing!

The lesson: You CAN change! Even the hard stuff about our personalities can be changed. It's not easy, but it is definitely possible. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment