Saturday, April 7, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 26

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

Do you remember when I talked about my three big goals for this Something Uncomfortable challenge? Well, I started working on one of them today.

I have a MAJOR problem with people driving me places. It's a combination of a control issue and an anxiety issue that stem from my childhood. I can probably count the number of times someone has driven me anywhere in the last 10 years on 2 hands. And when they have, I have become a big hot nervous mess. I typically say critical and unkind things to the driver. All around, it's not good.

This morning I went to a movie with my husband. I insisted that he drive. And I did fairly well. Instead of living in my anxiety, I chose to live above it. I did not focus on what he was or was not doing. Instead I just tried to relax and talk about something else. It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better. 

I really want to conquer this one. My husband has been so kind about the issue. I want to honor him by trying to get over it. And in light of everything that Christ did on the cross for me, Easter weekend seemed like a good time to tackle a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment