Saturday, April 21, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 40

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
For the third time this week, someone came to my door... and I opened it. Yay me! It's funny, because I have been dodging the door for so long that I didn't realize how big of a deal it is to me. 

I stopped answering the door back when I was a latch-key kid. The neighborhood kids would terrorize me by ding-dong-ditching my house when they knew I was alone. Kids can be so cruel, can't they? 

Do you ever try to figure out what your personality flaws stem from? I can't help myself. I ruminate over most things. But it really is helpful. Not the ruminating, but figuring out the source of the problem. It's kind of like looking for the monsters in the closet with a flashlight. When you see the reality of the situation, it's easier to deal with your fears.

So I challenge you to grab a flashlight and open the closet door... 

No comments:

Post a Comment