Monday, April 2, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 21

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
So apparently today is going to be all about going with the flow and NOT freaking out as plans change... continually.

My daughter forgot to put the potty seat on the toilet before she sat down. After her quick swim, she needed a shower. No big deal, except we were on our way out the door heading to get my allergy shots.

After checking in at the doctor, my son announced that he had to poop and he couldn't wait until we got called back. I HATE walking away from the receptionist after checking in... I experience great anxiety. Shocking, I know. Once in the bathroom, my daughter decided she had to poop. After 4 automatic flushes, she admitted she didn't have to go. Ugh!

When I finally got back to the shot nurse, she commented on my workout shorts. I told her I was planning to exercise after the shots. She promptly told me that I can't workout for 2 hours after the shots. Apparently I could overheat which would release too much of the allergens into my body resulting in a BAD situation... especially since "satan's bushes" are blooming. Good to know. But now my schedule is messed up.

It's only 9:30 and my day is off to an uncomfortable and unpredictable start. I guess it's time to put my big girl panties on and remember that I'm not in control anyway... God is. It's time I stop pretending that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment