Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 37

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
As you know by now, new people and social situations make me nervous. When you combine new people with social situations, you can almost guarantee that I will have a panic attack. So when a friend messaged me on Monday inviting me to join a new playgroup, you would think my immediate response would be to start crying... right? Not so much. I accepted the invitation and was actually looking forward to it.

My daughter and I went this morning and had a wonderful time. We met 2 lovely families and got to hang out with one we already know. It was such a blessing and I'm looking forward to doing it again next week (at my house, during garage sale week - I'm living on the edge here people!)

I'm not going to lie to you, I DID take some Anxiety Drops before we went. But the key is that we went. The lesson is that we need to use the tools we have to overcome our hangups so that God can bless us and we can bless others. He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment