Saturday, May 19, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 68

Like our page on Facebook
Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
My kids really wanted to go to their cousin's soccer game this morning and my husband and I really wanted to show our support for him. So we planned to go. No big deal - right? In theory anyway.

In an attempt to correct an issue I'm having, I messed with my hormones last night. I had used the cream that I was prescribed a few times before. Had some issues, but didn't connect the issues with the cream... not quite sure why not. Anyway, I woke up this morning in the middle of a 3-hour hot flash. Oh.my.goodness! It's been a while. I'd forgotten how bad they are.

What does this have to do with soccer? Um, it was 86 degrees when we headed to the field at 9:30am. Need I say more? I am proud to report that I did NOT whine or attempt to flee the field. Instead, I took pictures and cheered my nephew on. No one knew the nightmare I was experiencing.

Let's be clear, a year ago, I wouldn't have even attempted to go. Much less put on my big girl panties and go with a smile on my face and a good attitude.

Have you put your big girl panties or big boy underwear on today?





No comments:

Post a Comment