Thursday, May 31, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 80

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
Every time I hear someone say that the weather affects their mood, I typically think they are a bit wacky. And when they start talking about the phases of the moon, I assume they will soon be heading off on a unicorn spotting expedition when they leave my presence. Thankfully, my filter usually works and I keep these thoughts to myself.

A few months ago, I was at a seminar at The Medicine Shoppe. Dave said something like this: "If the phases of the moon are strong enough to effect the tide and current, don't you think they would effect us as well?" I'm not going to lie... I thought Dave might have hopped on the wackadoodle train too. But he did have a reasonable argument. 

I started to pay attention to my moods. Holy smokes! There is totally something to the whole barometric pressure and phases of the moon theory after all. Please know, that I forget about the concept until I've been grumpy all day and then I realize that's it's raining. I'm certainly not looking to prove that I was wrong. Yet here I am admitting that I was wrong.

Anyway... It's cold and raining today. AND my Sepia is wearing off. AND I have several uncomfortable things scheduled for this weekend. AND I'm still fighting this cold. AND my day has not gone as planned. 

So how do you think I reacted when I was invited to a social outing for tomorrow? Why God? WHY?!?!? On normal days, I would have to catch my breath, process it and decide to be positive. Today, I told my husband to make the decision. He thinks it will be fun... and it will be. So I agreed to go. And I'm uncomfortable. But I know that I will have a great time, so I'm gonna put my big girl panties on and have fun.

Do you notice a change in your mood when the weather changes?

**For the record... I just Googled the differences between affect and effect. Perhaps it's the rain, but I'm more confused than ever. I'm not sure if I chose the appropriate word and I'm not sure if I should have just said then instead of than. The English language is soooo confusing. Please forgive me as I continue to butcher it. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment