Friday, May 18, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 67

Like our page on Facebook
Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
My son graduated from preschool this morning. Sob...Sob... I cannot believe kindergarten is only a few short months away. Choke... Sob... Sob... 

I thought I was going to literally die the first time I dropped him off at preschool and now I feel like taking him anywhere else might kill me. Oh.my.goodness!

I have often said that I don't "do little people". I was a youth pastor. Give me a drunk, pregnant teenager and I'm fine. But give me a small person who whines and cries and does not have the ability to reason... and I become a hot mess.

I had no idea how I would handle motherhood and I certainly did not know if I would like my kids. (We are all wired differently - thank God! If I sound like a lunatic, remember me when your kids are teenagers.) I would have NEVER fathomed that I would love my little nuggets like I do. It blows me away almost daily. And I certainly NEVER would have guessed that I would have such a hard time letting other people care for them.

For me, the comfortable response to today's would be to crumble into a ball and weep. Trust me, I have had my moments. Instead, I am trying to trust God and focus on the positives that come with my children growing up. Ugh! This is so hard!

In an attempt to capture a moment from this year, I put together a little graduation present for my son. I hope we both read the book through the years and giggle as we remember reading it at preschool. (Totally tearing up right now...)



How do you cope with your kids growing up... way too fast?


No comments:

Post a Comment