Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 58

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom Join the Something Uncomfortable movement on Facebook
Early on in this process, I started working on being more relaxed when my kids are playing at parks. I've always been a hovering lunatic. My kids are 3 1/2 & 5 1/2, it's time to let them climb the ladder without a spotter, don't you think?

Anyway, I totally thought I had conquered this one. But this morning I found out I was wrong. My daughter and I went to a park that we hadn't been to in quite some time. I totally freaked out (internally) and I wanted to hover. What in the world?

I'm happy to report that I sat on the bench with my friends and just let her have at it. I even let her play on the spinning wheel of death with all of her little friends. Of course, I watched her the entire time...I'm trying to be uncomfortable, not stupid. There are all sorts of crazy people out there that take kids, so I will always make sure I can see my little people.

It's always surprising when God peels off another layer of the onion and shows you that there is more work to do. What did you think you had conquered that has resurfaced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment