Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 64

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
My husband and I have been taking our children to the dentist since they were 2 1/2 years old. I had to take them to the dentist this morning... by myself

They LOVE the dentist, but I was terrified to take them alone. Why? Well, my son had a cavity last year. He had it filled without Novocaine and did not flinch. He's amazing. But what if there had been more this year? What if my daughter had a cavity? What if, what if, what if?

In my defense, my children are 3 1/2 & 5 1/2. If something goes south, it becomes a big deal... quickly. It's not like they are teenagers and one can self-sustain while the other has a meltdown. But whatever.

I put my big girl panties on and off we went. And neither of them had any clue that I was nervous. The goal is to make them like the dentist, not fear her. There were no cavities and both did a great job.

Once again, I found myself worrying about something before it happened. What a waste! But at least I allowed myself to be uncomfortable and get it done without making my husband take off of work.

What do you worry about before it happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment