Saturday, May 26, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 75

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I can't garden. Why? Because I have allergies.

When my children wanted to buy a flower for me for Mother's Day, I assumed it would be a waste of money. But hey, it would make them happy. So they bought me a hydrangea plant (I have always wanted one).

It's been living in my house for 2 weeks and I have not had any allergy issues. Woohoo! Isn't it beautiful?
Happy Mother's Day
This morning, I headed to the Farmer's Market looking for scallions and cilantro. I need them so I can make salsa tomorrow. Yum!

The only cilantro I could find was growing in a pot. Well, I can't garden... OR have I just condemned myself to live a life where I believe I can't garden? I took a chance and bought three starter plants. And my step-dad was kind enough to transplant them into a larger pot.
Cilantro!
By taking a somewhat uncomfortable leap of faith, my kids and I have started a mini indoor herb garden. How fun?

What have you convinced yourself that you can't do? Are you willing to step out in faith and give it a try? 
Have you SEEN this guy? Too fun NOT to share ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment