Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 79

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
Today's Something Uncomfortable: Confessing to you that I have had a rough patch with food.

Life has been stressful over the last month. And when life gets stressful, I usually eat. There hasn't been a lot of sitting-down-and-binging... this time. It's been much more subtle: Stealing a bite off of my kids' plates... eating a handful of granola... eating another handful of granola... eating another handful of granola... you get the idea.

Much to my amazement, I have not gained all of the weight back. But I have been gaining and losing 3-5 pounds each week. And I feel like garbage because of it. And I'm sick. Imagine that, I'm not eating healthy portions of healthy foods and I got sick. Coincidence? Maybe, but probably not.

So on Monday, I started over. You know what's great about life? You can start over every day... or every hour... or every minute if need be.

Why is this uncomfortable to share? Because it's embarrassing to admit that I've fallen off the wagon. So why share? Because I'm guessing you fall off your wagon from time to time too. It's so much easier to climb back on that wagon when you know you are not alone and when you are not treating it like it's a secret.

So what's your wagon? Have you fallen off it recently? Are you willing to join me and start over right now?






No comments:

Post a Comment