Saturday, May 5, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 54

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

Apparently when you agree to work on something, God will provide a plethora of opportunities for you to do just that. I have been invited to more social gatherings in the last few weeks than I have in the last year. CRAZY!

We have one such gathering scheduled for this evening. Of course, I'm nervous about going. However, what is particularly unusual is that I'm not trying to sabotage our ability to go to it. Sometimes I consciously sabotage stuff and sometimes it's unconsciously. Today... nothing. 

Again, my anxiety has nothing to do with the people that will be there or the event itself. It's all about facing the unknown and my general social anxiety. 

It's nice to be making progress on an issue that impacts my family. My overly social husband and son are excited to be interacting with other people. And whether she likes it or not, my shy daughter is being forced to do something uncomfortable so she doesn't become a big ball of nerves like her mommy.

What uncomfortable thing can you do today that will help you grow AND benefit those around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment