Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 51

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
Today my daughter is being disobedient and crying continually. I'm super frustrated because I planned to paint our nails today while my son was at preschool. Of course I had to take away the fun bonding time because she just won't stop. 

I've not yelled or lost my cool. I've simply told her to stop and taken things away. And I keep reminding her that I love her too much to allow her to behave badly. 

As she continues to cry, I want to scoop her up into my arms, tell her it's going to be OK, and paint her nails. But if I do that, she will never learn that there are consequences for bad choices. And I really do love her too much to not teach her that lesson while she is little. The consequences when we are bigger are way worse than not getting to paint our nails.

Parenting is oftentimes super uncomfortable... but I'm glad I'm blessed two little people that I get to be uncomfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment