Thursday, May 17, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 66

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I decided to make granola this morning... before people came over to play. I don't know why. Somehow I think cramming extra stuff into already busy days is a good idea. But whatever.

My son asked if he could lick the honey spoon. The sticky mess quickly ran through my mind, but I let him. Then he asked to help. Sigh. Of course, you can help! And so can your sister. Ugh!

I did it. I let them help. I definitely tried to control the mess, but I let them help. And I tried not to let them know that I was anxious about it. 

I want them to know how to cook. And since I'm guessing that requires practice, it's time I started to teach them.

They were thrilled to help and I was glad I chose to be uncomfortable.

What do your kids want to do that you hesitate to let them do because it makes you uncomfortable?


No comments:

Post a Comment