Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 50

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I am NOT a quitter and I am NOT comfortable admitting defeat. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I have to do today. 

I am so exhausted that my body is shutting down. I feel like I did after I gave birth each time. All the moms know the feeling... I'm counting the minutes until nap time so that I can pass out with the kiddos. I'm guessing that getting allergy shots right after a busy garage sale weekend was a bad idea and I'm hoping that I'm not getting sick. Either way, I'm going to take a nap and I NEVER take naps.

What's the big deal? Well, I'm super behind and don't have time to nap. But since I'm moving at a snail's pace, I'm going to have to admit defeat and listen to my body. As an overachiever, I can tell you that I'm not happy with my body right now and I'm already trying to figure out how I can make up the time this week. 

Am I the only like this? Are you smart and actually listen to your body? Or are you like me and push through at all costs? I guess if I truly want to be healthier, I need to take the time to rest when I need it.

I feel like I'm repeating myself... sorry. I'll be in bed in 70 minutes. But who's counting?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely listen to your body — I've found that taking a break or even laying down for 15-20 minutes just helps me clear my head and focus. It seems like you don't have time, but you have to count all the time you're wasting by operating on a low battery. For me, that means working slowly and making mistakes, then having to correct those mistakes. You can't give your best to your family and work until you've taken care of yourself. Non-negotiable.

    ReplyDelete