Thursday, May 10, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 59

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I woke up this morning and was super excited because it was beautifully sunny outside. This was great news because we were hosting playgroup and were planning to be outside.

Then I opened the door... and it was cool... and the grass was wet. Would it warm up enough before everyone got here? Would the grass be too wet for the babies? Should we play inside? Am I hyperventilating? Is everyone going to have a miserable time? Do I need oxygen?...

Good Heavens! Deep breath. Hey, Anxiety Girl! Pretty sure it will warm up. Pretty sure the babies will survive some damp grass. Pretty sure we can have a great time inside the house if we can't play outside. What do you say we just go with the flow and deal with stuff as it happens? Girl, you need some sleep!

We played outside and had a great time! Imagine how much more fun we would have had if I hadn't worked myself into a tizzy. 

Am I the only one who has these insane conversations in their head?


**A quick update: Remember when I thought I broke my streak of logging into MyFitnessPal? Well, it turns out that I was wrong. Today was day 305! This is good news for 2 reasons:
  1. I can attempt to accomplish the goal of hitting 365 days WITHOUT being OCD about it.
  2. I've proved to myself that I can let go of some of my OCD behaviors.
 I'm excited to work towards 365... but I know I won't die if I miss it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment