Wednesday, March 21, 2012

An Epiphany: Too Many Missed Opportunities

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
When I started my "Something Uncomfortable" challenge, I thought I would make a few phone calls, let the kids get dirty and maybe expose some of many many weaknesses. I also thought that it wouldn't last long because I would run out of things to do. I'm such a silly girl!

Every day I try to figure out what I'm going to attempt to accomplish my goal. And almost every day, God presents me with an opportunity to step out of my box in a way I hadn't expected. 

I was marveling at how cool this phenomenon is when I realized that He has been doing this my whole life. And each time He allows me to be uncomfortable, He is giving me an opportunity to grow into the person He created me to be. So each time I have let my insecurities, neuroses, or fear stop me from doing something, I have stopped God from molding me into a better person. Ugh!

Also by being focused on myself and my freak-outs, I'm sure I have missed countless opportunities to help and serve others. Double ugh!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not beating myself up here. And neither should you. But what better motivation to embrace being uncomfortable, than to do it with the purpose of honoring and glorifying the God who loves me beyond all reason?

As I've said before, I would LOVE for you to join me on this journey and I would LOVE to hear how you are doing. I'm praying we don't miss too many more opportunities.


No comments:

Post a Comment