Saturday, March 17, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 5


So the whole point of this little endeavor is to push myself out of my comfortable little box and to try to not be so rigid. I am NOT spontaneous, especially when it comes to my kids playing outside. I've been working on that a lot this week.

Today, we were at my parents' house for yummy corned beef and new potatoes. (There was cabbage involved too. I don't like cabbage. Trying it seemed uncomfortable, so I did it. I still don't like cabbage.)

After lunch, the kids wanted to play outside. My sister agreed to go out with them. I begrudgingly agreed. There was running and baseball and playing in the hot tub water with nice clothes on. I did NOT hover. I did NOT stop the activity. I just let it happen.

Then the kids helped Grammy make sugar donuts. Oh what a mess! But they had fun. And I didn't curl up into the fetal position.

Overall, it was a messy and uncomfortable St. Patrick's Day... but it was clearly one the kids will remember as fun and happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment