Saturday, March 31, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 19

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

As I'm sure you have gathered by now, one of my primary anxieties comes from social situations. I come by this naturally as my father is very much an introvert and he has never looked forward to social gatherings. I, like him, become very anxious before going places but typically relax and enjoy myself once there. I have been known to work myself up into such a tizzy that I have panic attacks and/or become ill before we go. This is incredibly embarrassing. It is also completely unfair to my sweet husband who LOVES to be around people.

We are scheduled to go to such a gathering this evening. Part of me really wants to go, while the other part of me wants to start puking so we don't have to go. (Please realize that these anxieties have nothing to do with who we are going to be around or what we will be doing.) 

Since I am in the middle of this self-imposed challenge, I intend to go... no matter what. Oh, and I intend to have fun. But you can be sure that I will have my Anxiety Drops close by - just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment