Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 2

Like our page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

Today is a day filled with irony.

This morning, we went to a birthday party that involved a trampoline... in spite of my anticipated fear of this lovely contraption, I didn't freak out (too much) and no one got hurt. In fact, it was fun to watch some of the little ones conquer their own fears regarding the bouncy beast.

Ready for the irony? As my 3 year old and I were walking in to pick up my 5 year old from preschool, she fell and scraped her knees and hand. We spent the whole morning playing on things that could legitimately hurt her, and she fell walking in the parking lot. Nice! Oh well, now she has something to whine about... which brings her great joy and satisfaction.

After lunch, we delivered neighborhood garage sale flyers to all of the houses on our street. I have organized this semi-annual event for 4 years and have successfully dodged speaking to any of my neighbors about it. I usually insist that my husband pass out the flyers. Last year, my niece and nephew agreed to do it. But in keeping with my attempt to be uncomfortable, I thought I should bite the bullet and do it myself. I didn't die and only came into contact with 3 of our neighbors. Overall, I'd say it was a successful mission. I'm just glad it's warm out... no one could tell I was sweating because of nerves rather than because of the weather.

The irony... something amazing happens to me when we have our garage sales. I become a selling machine. And it appears to everyone around me that I'm enjoying myself as I interact with the people. We make over $2,000 each year between the two sales. Seriously. Who knew running a garage sale was a skill?

I'm off to shower the kids... it's not uncomfortable, but it's not my favorite thing to do.

I hope your day is proving to be slightly uncomfortable. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment