Monday, March 26, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 14

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

It's been 2 whole weeks since I started this crazy "Something Uncomfortable" challenge. I'm a little surprised that I have lasted this long. I guess the overachieving competitive side of me is stronger than the anxiety-ridden hermit side of me. Yay me! And praise God! How long am I going to keep this up? Probably until He stops showing me where I need improvements... since that will be an unending process, this could last a while.

Today's bit of uncomfortableness dealt with the phone. I called a friend instead of texting her. She was shocked. So was I. I also phoned the insurance company to ask some questions regarding our policy. I think calling the insurance company is my LEAST favorite phone call to make. I'm happy to report that it went well.

What's funny is that my level of dread decreases a little each time I make a phone call. I guess there is something to be said about facing your fears after all.

I assume that most of the general population is not riddled with anxiety and fear like I am. But I do know with certainty that we all fall short of perfection on this side of heaven. I've only just begun this journey of whittling away at my core personality flaws and have seen improvements. I can't imagine what God will do if I let Him keep this up long term. 

Whatever your issues are (fear, anxiety, addiction, etc.) I pray that you would become willing to allow God to make you a little uncomfortable each day. And in turn, allow Him to mold you into the you He created you to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment