Sunday, March 25, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 13

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom

Today's bit of uncomfortable is actually one that I've been working on for a couple of months. It's still a work in progress, so it counts.

Adam started playing drums in the children's ministry a couple of months ago. He plays one weekend each month. When he does, I have to get the kids to church by myself. And I have to sit in church by myself until he is done playing. For whatever reason, this totally freaks me out. Ridiculous, right? Especially since I was on staff at our church for 4 or 5 years. Again, fear and anxiety are irrational, so don't waste your time trying to figure it out.

This morning was one of those mornings. I was not as nervous as usual, until I realized the following:
  1. We were SUPER early. (Yay me!) I haven't heard the Prelude at church since before we had kids.
  2. I wore a dress today. I usually don't... OK I never wear dresses. No big deal, it just pushed me further outside of my comfort zone.
But then some cool things happened:
  1. A friend came and sat next to me. (Her husband stayed home with their puking son... what an AWESOME dad! Seriously!!)
  2. They played some of my favorite songs.
  3. I felt really connected to God this morning.
  4. I remembered when I answered God's call on my life to go into full-time youth ministry. I hadn't thought about that day for a long time.
So overall, it was an amazing God-filled morning. It was a great illustration of how He will bless us and grow us when we allow Him to mold us. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful day that the Lord has made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment