Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 15


Late yesterday, my sister called. Her day hadn't gone the way she had hoped. She wanted to know if I could have my nephew come over for dinner and a playdate so she could get caught up. I said, "Yes." And I was actually really OK with it. I'm not gonna lie, my list of things I was planning to do totally ran through my head. BUT I didn't freak out. This is huge. And I didn't do it just so I would have something to blog about. I was really OK.

An opportunity to help someone I love presented itself and I took it. The kids had a blast. My sister got some stuff done. And I acted and felt like a "normal" person. I did NOT act like a nervous lunatic the whole time he was here. 

Seriously! It's almost embarrassing to keep writing about all of the nonsense that happens in my head. I knew my anxieties had gotten bad, but I really didn't understand how much of my life was affected by them... or the lives of those around me. This process is showing me how much I'm missing out on. It's so sad! But not anymore. Before long people are going to refer to me as that "super mellow and spontaneous girl." OK maybe not. I'm just hoping to lose the "rigid" label.

No comments:

Post a Comment