Monday, March 19, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 7




There have just been a couple of things so far today:
  1. I took a bite of my son's ham sandwich. What? I don't like ham. It actually used to trigger migraines for me. Since I was introducing a new lunch meat to my kids, I thought it was only fair for me to try it too. I really liked it. (By the way, I finally found a lunch meat that does not have any food coloring in it: Hormel's Natural Choice. It doesn't have nitrates either.)
  2. My kids wanted to help check out the groceries today. I was in a hurry and wanted to say, "No." But I didn't. I let them help. I'll admit I was a little grumpy about it, but it was a step in the right direction.
I think the biggest realization I made today is that my attitude is changing. There are fewer "Heck No" moments and more "I guess this is a good opportunity to be uncomfortable" moments.

Oh... and I just invited a friend over to my very dirty house tomorrow. Maybe we can watch our kids write their names in the dust on my furniture. I'm living on the edge here folks. Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment