Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is Today the Day I Will Get To See Jesus?

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
And if so, will I do it with my head held high, knowing I did my best to fulfill God’s purpose for me today? 

Did I stop what I was doing when my children asked me to? And read the book they brought to me? 

Did I tell my husband I love him and thank him for all he does? Or did we just pass each other in the hallway as we headed off to start another busy day?

Did I take the time to thank the clerk at the grocery store who rang up my order?

Did I pray for the firemen rushing past us to save the day?

Did I take my thoughts captive and truly attempt to honor God in all I do and say?

I can say, “Yes!” to some of these questions and “No” to others. But overall, I was more present today. And for that, I am grateful. 

Thank you, Francis Chan, for challenging me once again in the book Crazy Love. And thank You, God, for giving me a few more moments to attempt to fulfill your purpose for my life.

Now, back to being present with my children...

No comments:

Post a Comment