Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something Uncomforatble: Day 10

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom


I took my son to the allergist for a 6 month follow up regarding his asthma. Great news: He's doing so well that we are eliminating one of his meds and will recheck him in 4 weeks. Praise God!

While we were there, I asked the doctor to look at my daughter's wart that we've been treating at home for 6 weeks. The Dr said that at this point it needs to be looked at. (She's an allergist... we need to go to our pediatrician and possibly a dermatologist.) I made an appointment with the pediatrician for 1:15 this afternoon.

And so begins my uncomfortableness... OK, I'm straight up freaking out!

Let me give you some background. I had a plantar wart for 7+ years. I tried every non-invasive remedy I could. I even put duct tape on my foot for over 6 months. (Duct tape? Just Google it. It worked to a degree, but not completely.) I even had that thing frozen off at the doctor's office. I finally named it George because I assumed I would have him for life. 

Why didn't I just have George cut out? You're kidding, right? 

Last February, I had a uterine ablation. My OB/GYN rocks, so I asked her if she would cut that thing out while she was down there... because there was no way someone was coming at me with a knife unless I was under anesthesia. George died that day, but it took longer to recover from his removal than it did from the ablation.

So now I have to take my baby girl to the wart killers who will do God-knows-what to kill Henry. (We might as well name it.) While they do this, I have to watch and be brave and stay calm. Why? Because I'm the mommy and that's what the mommy does. And I don't even know if they will kill Henry today or if I will have to make an appointment with some unknown special wart killing doctor. UGH!

We will be heading there in less than 3 hours. I am going to do my best to stay out of the fetal position and trust that everything will be alright. I'll keep you posted as to what happens to Henry and what I learn from the latest episode of "Something Uncomfortable."


No comments:

Post a Comment