Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 100

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom


Not only is it the first day of summer, but it is also my 100th day of being uncomfortable! So it only seemed appropriate to tackle a big summer challenge today: I took the kids to the water park by myself!
For the first time, we have season passes. It’s already paid for itself and the park has only been open for a month. We’ve been going as a family every Saturday afternoon when Adam gets home from work. It’s been so much fun.
I’ve been nervous about taking the kids by myself because they really don’t know how to swim yet. We’ve been working with them at the water park, but both kids freak out a bit when they go under (the 3 year-old more than the 5 year-old).
We had a blast this morning. Both kids went under. The 3 year-old panicked. The 5 year-old just told me about it after it happened. And through it all, I remained calm. I’d say that today was a big win for the Schneider Family!
When’s the last time you had a big win?

No comments:

Post a Comment