Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Friend Was Dating a Serial Rapist: Installment #5




Before that night, John was a peripheral friend at best. He played sports with my ex-boyfriend and we had partied together, but he definitely wasn’t a close friend. 

What John did for me that night and subsequently throughout the rest of the summer showed character that is rarely found in 18 year old men. We should all strive to raise children with that kind of character. Frankly, we should all hope to be that compassionate in general. 

The Hotel

John wanted to take me home, but I knew that would be a mistake. My mom had already moved, so I was living with my dad for the summer. For John to take me home while I was drunk and having just been raped would have been a disaster. 

So I made him take me to a nearby hotel, where he rented a room and started calling my friends. 

Jenny arrived early the next morning. When I told her what had happened, she told us that Pete had attempted to rape her over prom weekend and that he had raped Tina repeatedly. 

I became enraged. I knew not to shower because I was going to press charges. 

Jenny started to make some calls. We needed to find Tina and Ashley. We needed to make sure everyone was safe.

I went to use the bathroom only to find my underwear wrapped around my ankle. My anger grew.

He Did What? You Are Where?

I came back into the room to find Jenny on the phone with Ashley. She and Tina were at Pete’s house. WHAT?!?!
 
Apparently Pete called Tina and told him he was going to kill himself. So Tina went to his rescue and Ashley went to her rescue. Neither girl knew what he had done to me the night before.

We gathered our stuff and John drove Jenny and me to the house. 

I still can’t wrap my brain around what happened next.


Previous Installments:
Installment #2
Installment #3 
Installment #4


No comments:

Post a Comment