Friday, June 29, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 109

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
I am not good at waiting. I’m not good at waiting for people to do things. I’m not good at waiting in line. I’m not good at waiting to go somewhere. And I’m especially not good at waiting for God to answer me or follow through on a vision He’s given me.

This has been especially true as He has called me into the different phases of my life in ministry. When He called me into full-time youth ministry, I had to wait over a year for my internship to be approved and for my return to school to be finalized. When He called me to be a mommy, I had to wait several years before becoming pregnant. (Being a parent is a ministry… we are raising warriors for the Kingdom of God. That’s a ministry.) My first child spent the first year of his life throwing up all day every day. That coupled with the fact that after I deliver a baby I get high blood pressure that lasts for months, made me have to pull out of youth ministry. And so began the wait for my next phase of ministry.

For the last year, God has been tugging at my heart telling me that He wants to use me again. But I have had no clear cut direction as to how He was going to do that. So I wait. And I wait knowing that whatever that means, it will be good. But this morning, I am overwhelmed with uncomfortableness as I wait… perhaps because He wanted me to share this with you.

Jeremiah 29:11 keeps racing through my mind this morning, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

As I wait in my impatience, I know that His timing is perfect. If I redirect my focus on what I am doing right now, He will use me in this moment while I wait for the next big thing. Because He is good, I will wait.

What are you waiting for? Do you trust that His plan and His timing are perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment