Saturday, June 16, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 96

While driving this morning, a woman broke about 15 traffic laws, cut into my lane and almost hit us. My immediate response was to get ahead of her, drive really slow and teach her a lesson! After all, I was taught the fine art of road rage and am quite good at seeking revenge on the roadway. Aren’t you impressed?
Instead, I took an uncomfortable deep breath, slowed down and got behind her. The best part was that my kids had no clue what had just happened. I don’t want our family’s legacy to involve the art of road rage. Rather, I would like our legacy to involve peace, forgiveness and grace.
What are the aspects of your family’s legacy? Which are the ones you need to change? What are you doing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment