Monday, June 18, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 98

http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom


Today I am babysitting my 12 year-old niece and 10 year-old nephew. They are some of the easiest kids I know and my kids LOVE having them over.
They came with us to our chiropractor appointment. Since we were already on that side of town, we made a quick stop at Meijer. When getting ready to check out, my son asked if we could go in the self-check lanes. My daughter asked to scan the groceries. The boys helped ship the items down to my niece who bagged them.
I wanted to die! Why? Because no one was doing it the “right” way. Did I let on that I was dying inside? No. Why? Because they were having a blast and doing their best to be helpful. It was uncomfortable… but it was also pretty awesome.
I swear those self-help lanes are becoming my own personal hell. It’s an easy way for God to force me to let go of my perfectionism and allow my kids to have fun. And apparently, He’s going to keep doing it until it’s no longer a big deal. So I guess it’s no longer the self-help lane, it’s the kids-help lane. UGH!
What do you need to let go of?

No comments:

Post a Comment