Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 93

The primary reason why I started this blog and why I started sharing my junk is because I believe that God will not waste a hurt if you let Him use it. The secondary reason is that we as a society like to hide our junk and suffer in silence in an attempt to keep up appearances and not be embarrassed. I mean let’s face it, if you are not in a program like AA, you are not likely sharing your junk.
And that’s exactly what satan wants. He wants us to be oppressed and depressed and unable to heal. That’s exactly what God doesn’t want. He wants us to live life to the fullest and love one another.
When asked what the greatest commandment was:
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40 NIV
When we are so bogged down with hiding our junk, it’s impossible to love God completely and it’s impossible to truly love one another.
When you realize this and start openly sharing your junk, satan starts to get nervous. And when you start talking about your sexual assault and people start telling you their stories and bringing their junk into the light, satan starts attacking.
Right now, the spiritual battle in my life is pretty brutal. I was brought to the point of contemplating stopping this journey altogether. But God, being the super-cool God, that He is, keeps confirming that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I am determined and hard-headed and I have no intentions of stopping. Since he knows that, satan is trying to make me miserable by pushing all of my buttons. You want to talk about uncomfortable? The last 48 hours of my life would make anyone sweat.
So what is my uncomfortable thing to report today? Well, I just told you about the very real spiritual battle that is being waged against me. We don’t talk about that much here in the United States… but that doesn’t mean it’s not real. I didn’t want to scare any of you by talking about it, so I wasn’t going to. But that’s exactly what God does NOT want me to do.
Are you living in the dark? Is it time to start sharing your junk and start stepping from fear to freedom?

**It’s not a typo… I don’t capitalize satan’s name because I don’t believe he deserves the respect that it implies.

No comments:

Post a Comment