Thursday, June 21, 2012

Something Uncomfortable: Day 101


http://www.facebook.com/SomethingUncomfortableSteppingFromFearToFreedom
Today, I am struggling. The last two weeks have been rough physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have my non-period (I had a uterine ablation, so I have a cycle with less bleeding. Sorry, I digress.) And some of our closest friends and their 2 kids are coming on Saturday to stay with us for a week. (I am super excited that they are coming, but I’m nervous. The last time they were here, I literally had a nervous breakdown. I know it will be fabulous, but I’m terrible at worrying about stuff before it happens, especially when I’m struggling.)
I just realized that (I’m writing a bunch of rabbit trails in parentheses.) Sorry :/

ANYWAY… all I want to do is climb into bed and watch Prison Break on Netflix. But I’m not letting myself… and that’s uncomfortable.

This is my To Do List:

Today was actually yesterday and tomorrow is actually today.
Today was actually yesterday and tomorrow is actually today. And nothing was crossed off until moments before we left for school this morning. My son asked if we were going to cut his hair before we left. I thought we should. We had time, so why not cross something off that pesky list? I busted out the Flowbee (yes, I’m serious) and I went to work.

Don't judge... It's saves us a ton of money and it gives a perfect short haircut every time.
Somehow, I’m going to keep crossing stuff all day. Ugh!

What do you do to stay on track when you are struggling?

No comments:

Post a Comment